The sale of this historic Geelong property offers an exciting opportunity for lovers of early Australian colonial architecture.
Possibly one of Geelong's earliest surviving homes, the historic two-story villa residence was completed in 1854. Built of early Geelong brick with its original patent iron tile roof intact, the centrally located home retains much of its architectural integrity with wide front veranda overlooking the rambling cottage garden. Downstairs there are two generous reception rooms, each with an open fireplace, plus the original kitchen with its large fireplace and utility room. The Georgian staircase leads to another spacious reception room, together with two bedrooms, one with views over Geelong and Corio Bay. A large attic space over the stables could be renovated into a further living space.
A rear courtyard has an underground well and leads to the stables building with plenty of additional storage. The property has off-street parking for one car and while the home is not connected to power, water or gas; the latter two services are connected to the property and sewerage is connected. The property is noted as a building of significant regional importance and is zoned Residential Growth Zone (RGZ).
Of the many remarkable things about this property is that so much of its original architectural integrity remains intact, so the purchaser does not need to undo any remodelling that a building of this age would normally have witnessed over its life.